Burnaby Pro Sump Pump Repairs
For homeowners, a sump pump in your basement can be your best defense to prevent flooding and costly repairs. However, it’s one of those things that can easily fall into the category of “out of sight, out of mind”. To avoid an emergency flood in your basement, it’s important that you check your sump pump regularly to ensure it’s working properly and following a normal sump cycle. This is something you can do yourself, by following these three easy steps:
- Remove the sump pump cover, and carefully pour water into the tank.
- Look for the sump’s “float” to rise and start up the pump.
- Once the pump is kicked on, the water level will decrease until the float shuts off the pump.
If you perform this test and the float doesn’t rise to trigger the pump, you may have a broken or malfunctioning sump pump which would need to be repaired or possibly replaced. A broken sump pump could be caused by any of these following factors:
- Power failure: although sump pumps are typically hardwired into a home, there could be a problem with the electrical which would cause the sump to pull from its backup battery, which has a limited power supply.
- Frozen Sump Pump: A cold climate often means frozen pipes, and leaves the potential for ice to build up and clog the sump discharge line. A buildup can either result in the pump working too hard and overheating.
- Age of Sump Pump: it’s a good idea to consider replacing your sump pump every 5 – 7 years to avoid the headache, hassle, and costly damage that can come from a failing sump pump.
If your sump pump has any of these issues above and you need a repair or perhaps a new sump pump installation, please contact Marvel Plumbing and Drainage to have us diagnose and address the problem for you. We’re available 24/7 in Burnaby and the Lower Mainland areas, so just call: 604-729-3864 for immediate assistance.
HOURS OF OPERATION
HOURS OF OPERATION