Burnaby water main experts
Water main bursts are a common thing for homeowners, and can cause a huge headache if left unattended. At Marvel Plumbing and Drainage, we are qualified experts in Water Main repairs and can offer unique solutions using the latest technology to minimize damage and solve the problem.
Three signs your water main is broken:
- Wet or damp spots in your yard.
- Water bill is higher than normal.
- Shut off the main valve inside your home, then check your water meter. If your water meter keeps running, that is a sign of a break in the line.
No-Digging Burst Pipe Technology Repairs
At Marvel Plumbing and Drainage, we use this latest technology whenever possible to save your lawn, driveway, and more by not needing to dig up your property to find the damaged underground line. This is also faster than traditional repairs that require digging to the line.
Some tips if your water main breaks:
- Locate the City shut-off valve
- Locate where the incoming potable water line enters your home.
- Try to determine the depth of the line by measuring at the City shut-off point.
In-ground water mains are usually made of copper or Poly-B in older homes. Copper has a lifespan of roughly 25 years, after which it can become corroded, green, and even crack in the joints, given ground movement.
Poly-B is another common pipe found in the ground which is prone to leaking, and has been banned in new construction but may still be found in older homes. While more flexible than copper, it cracks much more easily which can cause leaks.
We install top-quality, double-walled pex pipe which comes with a manufacturer’s warranty and long product lifespan. So if you’re in Burnaby/Lower Mainland and you notice wet spots in your yard, which could mean a burst water main on your property, call the friendly and helpful team at Marvel Plumbing and Drainage today: 604-729-3864.
HOURS OF OPERATION
HOURS OF OPERATION